Goal: Support hub development, and engage residents in the neighbourhoods where they live.
Empower & Address Needs:
- Create connections with community groups, service pro- viders, agencies, and governments to ensure that needs are being met
- Act as a resource and catalyst for community hubs and neighbourhood groups
- Facilitate partnerships for group activities, programs and services at community hubs
- Provide information about private and government grant opportunities
- Act as a resource for new hubs
- Engage and support residents at the neighbourhood level
- Identify and evaluate changes as they occur at the hub and neighbourhood development level.
- Work with community members to determine the strengths and needs of the community and neighbourhood.
- Engage in robust and diverse partnerships to help sup- port the needs of communities and neighbourhoods.
- Partner with local, provincial and federal hub and neigh- bourhood initiatives.
- Foster inclusive, diverse hubs and neighbourhoods.
Facts: Across the province and around the world, community hubs have emerged as a policy solution and as an important way to meet critical needs and preserve community as- sets. Community Hubs are one of those rare interventions driven by both the grassroots and by the “grasstops” ~ Community Hubs in Ontario: A Strate- gic Framework and Action Plan (pg.63)
Partners: City of Peterborough, County of Peterborough, The Mount Community Centre, Local School Boards, Housing Resource Centre, Local Churches and Faith Groups, Community Foundation of Greater Peterborough, Peterborough Family Resource Centre, YMCA, Employment Planning and Counselling, United Way of Peterborough and District